Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Apr 2023 12:40:20 GMT by Americanfreelancer
Hello, this is my first time registering my self-assessment as I only have begun freelancing in the UK since January 2023. In the business registration portion of the self-assessment, it states, "You entered the address shown below as the home address of the person registering for the tax(es). Please confirm if the business address is the same by selecting an option from the drop-down menu." Should my business address be my home address? or the address of one of the companies I am freelancing for? Also, Because I started freelance this year in Jan 2023 - will I have until October to pay the taxes? Thanks,
Posted Thu, 20 Apr 2023 12:47:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You can enter your home address as the business address.

If you started Self-Employment in January 2023, you will be required to submit the paper tax return by 31/10/2023 or submit an online return by 31/01/2024.

The date that any payment needs to be made by is 31/01/2024.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.