Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Apr 2023 13:48:40 GMT by Keith Whitelam
Having moved to France in October 2022, what forms do I need to fill in for my self assessment covering April-September 2022? Is there a different form to reclaim UK tax already paid from October-December 2022 since it is now subject to French tax? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 11:32:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at:

Tax on your UK income if you live abroad

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 12 Sep 2023 16:10:23 GMT by Keith Whitelam
I am still waiting for the SA100 to arrive. I phoned around 2 months ago to order the form. I have filled in P85 online and my account says that it is 'completed'. Do I still have to send SA109 if this has been completed? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:26:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you met the criteria for Self Assessment before you left the UK, we would still require completion of the SA100 and SA109.

However if you were not within Self Assessment, the P85 is quite sufficient. 

See link:

PAYE Manual   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.