Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Oct 2022 09:15:58 GMT by Flora Tang
Hi, My overseas income is GBP30,000 per year, I have to pay GBP3,600 as employee NIC from GBP30,000. When I submit tax return, I should write 30,000 or 26,400 (30,000 minus 3,600) as my income? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 20 Oct 2022 16:14:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Flora Tang,

You should enter 30,000.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 05 Nov 2022 15:50:53 GMT by Flora Tang
Hi, Thank you. My overseas income is GBP30,000 per year, I paid 5% of my income as pension. I get GBP28,500 (30000 - 1500 pension) into my bank account. My questions: 1. NIC : basing on GBP28,500? 2. Tax return : basing on GBP28,500? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:45:36 GMT by Andrew Williams

It depends on the type of income you have. Please refer to:

Rates and allowances: National Insurance contributions

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.