Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 13:30:24 GMT by Matt
1. I can't find a way to apply for taxation on remittance basis online. is that possible? and if so, how do I do that? 2. if it is indeed not possible, I have hound the 'Residence, remittance basis etc' form. If I do not have any remittance to declare. Can I just print this form and send it back with box 28 checked, claiming remittance basis? which other forms do I have to send? can I get them by post? is the box 34 'Amount of income you are nominating' the amount remitted, or the income that occurred in the UK? if it is the former, where do I need to list my UK income?
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 15:51:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Matt,

If claiming the remittance basis, you need to send in the SA109 along with the SA100.

You can download these from the website and there is also helpsheets for each page listed under notes. 

Please see the forms here:

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.