Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 09 Oct 2022 23:02:52 GMT by whereismytaxgoing
It is mentioned on that any income more than £2000 must be reported and taxed as income in UK. Question - If the foreign income is £5000, will the tax be applicable on £5000 or £3000 as this is the amount over £2000. Thanks
Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 16:25:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi whereismytaxgoing,

The full £5000 would be applicable to tax before any reliefs due in respect of dividend allowance or savings allowance.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 25 Jan 2023 22:40:18 GMT by connectiondue
hi hmrc admin - in above scenario, for a Non-domiciled' resident, do they also need to pay tax on full 5000 or only on 3000 as this is the amount over 2000? can you confirm please? also , if income was only 2000 then this is tax free in UK is that correct? if yes, do I need to put this into my SA online anywhere? thank you
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 14:42:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi connectiondue,

You would only pay tax on the amount over £2000 and still needs to be declared even if under the allowances.

Further guidance here: 

Remittance basis 2022 (HS264)

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.