Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Sep 2021 18:18:12 GMT by magdalena123
Hello! I work as a sole trader and I work from home. I rent a flat long-term (Private renting: Private residential tenancy) and I'll be moving flats. Between these two flats (both with PRT), I'll need to stay in a short-term let or AirBnb to cover the gap I have between these two tenancies. Can I keep claiming expenses for using part of my home as an office (only the part that’s used for business) also for these months I'll be renting a short-term flat (via short-term letting agency) or an AirBnb flat? Or is it only allowed when I rent long-term (PRT)? I plan to keep working during all this time as usual.
Posted Wed, 08 Sep 2021 15:28:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

You can still claim the working from home as before regardless of how long the let is for, as long as you are paying for the cost yourself.


Posted Thu, 09 Sep 2021 08:29:20 GMT by magdalena123
Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.