Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Jun 2022 21:10:00 GMT by Deadwood John
I would like an EORI Number. It seems to be impossible to get through on a telephone line, and the Gov website is no help at all. It asks for a Government Gateway that as far as I know, I do not have. I registered as Self Employed before the Internet arrived. No point in trying to retrieve a Government Gateway account (even if I have one) because in the 23 years I have been online, I have had lots of different e-mail providers and addresses, all which have long since disappeared, and I certainly never registered on my present one, that I have not had for very long!
Posted Thu, 16 Jun 2022 16:53:08 GMT by Customs oldtimer
If you are VAT registered you may find you already have an EORI number as HMRC issued them to VAT registered business in preparation for Brexit - An EORI will be in the format 'GB your VAT no followed by 000' https://www.gov.uk/check-eori-number. If you still need to apply for an EORI and haven't registered on the government gateway there is an option that you can do this as part of the process HMRC say 'If you do not already have a Government Gateway user ID, you’ll be able to create one when you apply.' If you already have an account but have lost the details or don't have old emails etc there are options for retrieving those details. HMRC seem to be making it compulsory to go through government gateway to apply for anything.
Posted Fri, 17 Jun 2022 13:50:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Please could you contact ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk with your query who should be able to assist.
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.