Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Jun 2022 21:10:00 GMT by
I would like an EORI Number. It seems to be impossible to get through on a telephone line, and the Gov website is no help at all. It asks for a Government Gateway that as far as I know, I do not have. I registered as Self Employed before the Internet arrived. No point in trying to retrieve a Government Gateway account (even if I have one) because in the 23 years I have been online, I have had lots of different e-mail providers and addresses, all which have long since disappeared, and I certainly never registered on my present one, that I have not had for very long!
Posted Thu, 16 Jun 2022 16:53:08 GMT by Customs oldtimer
If you are VAT registered you may find you already have an EORI number as HMRC issued them to VAT registered business in preparation for Brexit - An EORI will be in the format 'GB your VAT no followed by 000' https://www.gov.uk/check-eori-number. If you still need to apply for an EORI and haven't registered on the government gateway there is an option that you can do this as part of the process HMRC say 'If you do not already have a Government Gateway user ID, you’ll be able to create one when you apply.' If you already have an account but have lost the details or don't have old emails etc there are options for retrieving those details. HMRC seem to be making it compulsory to go through government gateway to apply for anything.
Posted Fri, 17 Jun 2022 13:50:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Please could you contact ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk with your query who should be able to assist.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 14:55:52 GMT by
I am desperately trying to get my current EORI cancelled so i can create a new one which is attached to my VAT number. I have sent several emails and currently have a shipment waiting for customs clearance. Can anyone help me?
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 16:16:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Donovan Sinclair
This action has now been completed and confirmation email issued.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Sun, 11 Sep 2022 13:23:43 GMT by
Hi there, I am trying to create CDS account with my current government gateway account but it does not let me because I deenrolled my previous government gateway account which was linked with my EORI number. Now problem is that i dont have previous account details and I dont know how to link my EORI number with my current HMRC government gateway account . Please help
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:07:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi umair khalid
Use this link to register for CDS, use your new Government Gateway account, any issues click the,' Is this page not working properly' link and report the issue.
Customs Declaration Service
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 18:13:45 GMT by
I'm a pensioner repairing old watches, sometimes from abroad. Do I have to get this EORI number to continue? I thought OAP's were allowed to have some occasional work with no repercussions. Is it that simple?
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 17:12:33 GMT by Customs oldtimer
An EORI is an importer (and exporter) identification number. It means Economic Operator Registration and Identification. It is used on import and export declarations. If the goods are for personal use then you don’t need an EORI. If you are a business including a sole trader you do. You would still pay any import duty or import VAT due on the import. It therefore has no direct connection with your age or personal tax position. You would need to check this separately.
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:31:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi VWReviver johns
I would check this guidance:
Working after State Pension age
&
Get an EORI number
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Wed, 08 Mar 2023 21:20:12 GMT by
Hi I am desperately trying to get my current EORI cancelled so I can create a new one which is attached to my VAT number. I used the online cancellation service, but my EORI still appears active after 20 days. I have sent several emails and currently have a shipment waiting for customs clearance. Can anyone help me?
Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 15:36:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Jay Shodimu
I would advise setting up a new government gateway account for the VAT registered business and apply for the VAT regsitered EORI number.
When granted you should subscribe to CDS.
The old EORI number will be ended by the EORI team in due course.
Thankyou.
Posted Sun, 26 Mar 2023 12:20:49 GMT by
Hi. I created an EORI number as the director and owner of the company. But this EORI number was issued on my name not the company's. When applying for my company's EORI number, the website tells that this account (government gateway) already has one EORI number. 1. Can I use this number to import goods for my company? 2. If not, how can I apply for the company EORI? and how long will this process take? Thank you
Posted Mon, 27 Mar 2023 14:13:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

I would advise contacting the EORI team 
ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk
supplying the EORI in question explaining the situation  .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:39:08 GMT by
Hi we’re a new business with a VAT number and have a container arriving on Tuesday 25th April I applied for a EORI number over a week ago and had nothing back I’ve gone back on government gateway for EORI and service is down from Wednesday 19th and still down now I’ve called a number to obtain a form but just keeps sending you back to apply for EORI our business is pre- built media walls  /company reg number[ details removed by admin] hope you can help because we will be charged demurrage from Thursday 27th April if we don’t obtain EORI number
Posted Fri, 21 Apr 2023 14:45:33 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Usually you request your EORI when you make a VAT number application there shouldn’t be a need to apply separately. It is also quite unusual for an EORI to take more than a few hours to be approved. Have you checked the on line EORI checker to see if you already have one allocated. https://www.gov.uk/check-eori-number Your number should be GB followed by your VAT number and 000
Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 09:55:43 GMT by nmead
Hi, we are a business that occasionally exports to Northern Ireland from the UK. We currently hold an Ireland EORI number but we have received a letter from HMRC advising us that we may no longer be able to have this because we do not have a permanent business establishment in Northern Ireland. We would like to continue with our Ireland EORI number but because we would only use this occasionally would this be possible? Furthermore we understand that we can ship goods to Northern Ireland using the TSS. Our shipments are done by our courier company and not directly from us, would the courier company need to apply through TSS? We have signed up to the TSS service.
Posted Tue, 25 Apr 2023 12:12:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Anthony Small
You should continue to correspond with the EORI team explaining the issue and provide your companies details to ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk .
Thankyou.
Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 12:38:54 GMT by
We are having a nightmare with EORI number. according to ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk our EORI number is live and all good and active. however on the EORI checker online (https://www.gov.uk/check-eori-number) it is suddenly showing as invalid. this means couriers will not deliver shipments as when they check it shows as invalid. we have spent multiple hours on the phone over the last 3 weeks and many many emails with ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk but just not getting anywhere. its costing us thousands in late delivery fees, loss of business fines and port storage fees. I just dont know what to do as on the phone im told there is nothing they can do and that EORI department is email only and when i email them they say they have escalated it to technical etc etc etc. I urgently need ideas
Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:52:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi nmead
The Letter you have received requires you to reply back to HMRC only to supply evidence of Permanent Business Establishment or confirm if you still need the XI EORI.  
Follow the instructions and read the guidance on the letter regarding TSS.
Follow the links to complete the form before the date given.
Thankyou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.