Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 19:17:46 GMT by Jill63 VERLANDER
As a Non Taxpayer previously, I had signed over 10% of My Allowance to my Husband, however from this Tax year22/23,I am now a Taxpayer. What do I need to do about this please if anything? Many Thanks
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 11:43:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you contact our Income Tax team we can cancel the transfer if you are now a taxpayer and wish to have the allowance back.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 19:31:55 GMT by Jill63 VERLANDER
Thank you for your reply. I have, along with my Husband, submitted Self Assessments for Tax Yr. 22/23, resulting in me owing Tax & my Husband receiving a rebate. Does this change affect that Tax Assessment or is it only from yrs.23/24? In the meantime I will contact the Income Tax Team. Regards Jill Verlander
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 13:09:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
We would only look to change this from 23/24 year.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.