Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 12 May 2023 15:06:38 GMT by @JoeR
I’m completing my self assessment - when the form asks for my total tax paid, should I add my national insurance contributions to this? If not can I assume my national insurance contributions are ‘logged’ with HMRC as there are no fields on the form to write this in.
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 11:48:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
National insurance deductions paid through PAYE employment, should not be included in your self assessment tax return.  
You should only include the tax paid as shown on your P45 / P60 etc.  
If you are self employed or in a partnership, self assessment will work out how much class 2 and class 4 national insurance is payable on your taxable profits.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.