Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Mar 2023 15:36:48 GMT by Joseph Clark
Sorry if this has been answered before.... I have been invited to give a talk in Japan, for which I will receive an honorarium. The honorarium will be taxed at 20.42% in Japan, before being converted to US$ and sent to me in the UK. I pay my taxes in the UK. Do I need to declare this in any manner? (and if so, how?) Thank you!
Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 06:46:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Joseph Clark,

You will need to declare this as foreign income.

Please refer to guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.