Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 Mar 2023 19:22:00 GMT by Andrew Huxley
If I put the income from my Defined Benefit income into my SIPP will I get tax relief on it?
Posted Mon, 27 Mar 2023 15:00:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

If you have taken the pension from the defined benefit scheme you may be limited to what relief you can now get. Please see link below:

Check if you’ve gone above the money purchase annual allowance

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:41:00 GMT by
In respect of pension tax relief, i contribute to my pension each month from my salary and my employer also contributes the same amount and then claims 20% tax relief on my behalf. I am a 40% tax payer and was believe i am entitled to claim the additional 20% via self assessment. My question is can i claim the 20% relief on ALL the monthly contributions i make, or just on any contributions above and beyond the ones that come out of my salary please?
Posted Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:27:07 GMT by
Hiya - sorry, cant figure out how to ask a question so posting in here. My dad lives abroad (for the past 28 years) he recently cashed in his UK state pension but he's been charged quite a lot of tax which we believe is repyable. How do we go about asking for a refund? Thanks
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:23:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Adrian Hall,
You cannot claim tax relief for the payments that your employer makes to your pension.  You can claim for payments into your pension scheme that you make or someone else makes on your behalf.  You claim this in box 1 of page TR4 on SA100 tax return, or the online equivalent.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:30:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi SavvaP,
Your father would need to contact HMRC to review Income Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.