Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:23:42 GMT by Matt Lynch
Hi again - if you are going to tell me I need to contact HMRC to review and include the link to Self Assessment: general enquiries I've already done this and been told I should have been contacted by 14th January. So please advise what else I can do . Thank you
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:35:33 GMT by jackjosh9
Self assessment processed April last year waited patiently until January for repayment- saying repayment pending and when I contacted them online chat you guessed it security checks they will raise ticket - wait two months which I did said still security checks can’t contact until 15 May - Sent complaint in tier one was reply it’s they can not help as it’s with security check team ? they can not interfere- this is a disgrace it really is I tried phone and cut off - have just raised another complaint July expect response- just filled this year self assessment and owed money and it’s repayment pending - just what are we supposed to do it’s unacceptable/ unbelievable how bad the tax office is I just can’t believe it takes 12 months to get my money that’s owed it makes no sense unless they just don’t want to pay what’s owed ? - any advice please help
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:09:32 GMT by Rob Pitt
Requested repayment in January, waited, waited .... nothing. Submitted another request later in Feburary ... waited, still no acknowledgment (but I saved the webpage confirming receipt). Just spoke to an advisor via chat (thankfully only a 30 min wait)... Apparently HMRC have no record of my requests for repayment in their backend systems. This is despite me having the webpage with the reference number confirming receipt! You couldn't make it up. So now I've requested a repayment for the THIRD time.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 08:41:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
If still pending after 5 months then we would need to review your Self Assessment record to check this for you.
To do this you will need to contact HMRC:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:41:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi jackjosh9,

Apologies for the delay in the repayment being issued. If selected for security checks then we need to allow the department dealing with the checks to complete these. As you have submitted a complaint then this will be reviewed and you will be contacted. 

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 18:17:17 GMT by Ginith
I did my self employed submission on time. I checked my account it said tax refund due. I requested it online, nothing happened. So I did it again, and as you can guess nothings happened. I have since January make 10 online requests for my refund. Its now May! No note on account for reviews, nothing. I won't be calling in as I have anxiety on the phone, but I will be making a formal complaint and requesting a review. Interest rates are good,and whilst this is in HMRCs account, it's not in mine.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.