Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 00:07:40 GMT by
Hi My mom was trying to file self assessment online but seems like she does not have enough detail to prove her identity. What she got on hand: 1. A non-UK passport 2. a valid address (therefore the post code) 3. UTR 4. information held on credit record She is old already(>70) and not intended to work, thus she doesn't have and did not apply for an NI number. She doesn't have a driving licence too. She has foreign interest income so she needs to file a tax return. Is there any way to submit a tax return with these informations? Or she should apply for an NI number for self assessment purpose? Thank you in advance!
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 08:31:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Ellencat305,
Your mother would need to contact our online helpdesk for assistance Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.