Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 07:34:52 GMT by smanzoortax
Hello everyone , I received a letter from HMRC stating incomplete tax return with the document SA100 needing to be completed and signed. I'm unsure whether i need to complete the actual income of my properties once again. The letter says 'Please let me have your completed tax return. Please include any missing and supplementary pages.' To me this just sounds like completing the SA100 form once again and sending it off. No need to redo any of the other documents. Would you agree? Thanks,
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 13:12:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You would appear to have omitted some entries or or not declared something we would expect.  
If you have for example, ticked yes to income from property in error, we would expect to have SA105 submitted with the return and would return the SA100 to you as incompete without it.  
You would need to contact the self assessment webchat team, to find out the actual reason for returning your SA100:
Contact HMRC
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.