Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 25 Jan 2022 16:04:49 GMT by Mirko Grewing
*** I couldn't find a better forum for this question, apologies in advance if it's wrong place *** There is a possibility that my company will ask me to move abroad with my family, and I was wondering what would happen to the Junior ISA that I am managing for my 6yo, and the SIPP I hold. The current providers said I have to transfer it out as both my son and I would stop being tax residents, but I cannot find any provider that would allow me to keep them running. What are my options, can I cash them out? Are they both lost? Thanks
Posted Wed, 26 Jan 2022 15:28:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi mirko Grewing,

You would need to speak to your ISA provider and your pension provider regarding both of these.
There is some information on ISA's here:

Individual Savings Accounts

and information on pensions here:

Transferring your pension

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:41:26 GMT by Mirko Grewing
Thank you. Does it mean that if the provider allowed for that I would be able to cash it out? I mean, what's possible from a legal perspective? Thanks
Posted Fri, 28 Jan 2022 13:00:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Mirko Grewing,

We cannot advise regarding ISA's here or the legal implications.

You would really need to discuss this with your ISA provider.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.