Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 10 Oct 2022 09:49:01 GMT by Fabricio
Can a childminder limited company claim expenses using the methods mentioned on the BIM52751 or they are intended only for self-employed people?
Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 10:24:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

This is for individuals only as it specifies working from your own home in order to claim   .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 10:42:30 GMT by Fabricio
Hi, Sorry, I forgot to mention, but the care services are supplied in the director's own home. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 14 Oct 2022 12:46:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Fabricio,

It is still only for individuals/sole traders as they are treated as self employed and liable to class2 and class4 national insurance.
It doesnt apply to limited companies as income would then be paid under PAYE.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 14 Oct 2022 13:46:30 GMT by Fabricio
Ok, Thanks for you reply.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.