Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:33:10 GMT by Lynda
We are a UK registered company but operate in the UK and Belgium. We have staff and premises in the UK and Belgium but our company is only registered in the UK, ie - The Belgium warehouse and staff are fully operated by our UK company, it is not an individual entity or subsiduary. We are VAT registered in the UK. We used to move stock between the two site prior to Brexit, but since then we have not had the need. We now have to bring a large piece of second user medical equipment; a scanner/gamma camera, which we already own, back from Belgium to the UK but we only have a UK EORI reference, not have an EU EORI reference. Can this be done and what is the best way for us to do this?
Posted Mon, 20 Mar 2023 14:14:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade
helpline on 0300 322 9434  .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 20 Mar 2023 16:11:18 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi Lynda Unfortunately it is unlikely that HMRC can provide you with any information on EU requirements. Whoever is acting as exporter from the EU must be EU established or appoint an indirect representative who is EU established to act for them. As a business the exporter must have an EU EORI. The UK entity can obtain an EU EORI number which shouldn’t take very long but you will need to find an indirect representative (such as the customs broker). NB not all brokers are willing to act as indirect representatives. I suggest that as the export will be from Belgium you request the EORI from Belgium Customs. Also look at UK import reliefs for importing capital equipment . Do not assume goods can come into the UK duty free from the EU unless you have proof of the goods preferential origin.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.