Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:07:23 GMT by
Hello! I came from India to study my masters here with a Tier 4-student visa. And my former employer in Switzerland wanted to hire me back. I know that I have a 20-hour work permit, so this will be on the contract. Now I am actually going to start working remotely with my salary paid to my UK account, and the company does not have any presence in the UK. ------------------------ It is a part time job, with hourly payment of 10.42 GBP Do i have to pay Tax here in the UK? I am a little bit confused, because previously I was working remotely from Dubai for this same company and i need to let them know if they want to pay the tax or it is me who is paying tax from here. Please let me know about this Thank you! I would appreciate your help. Kind regards
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:37:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Johns Varghese,
As this case is complex can you please contact us on 0300 200 3200 to discuss further.
Generally if you are a UK tax resident then you will pay tax on your earnings from an overseas employer unless you have someting to say you are exempt from this.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.