Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 Jun 2022 13:48:50 GMT by Jonathan Bell
Hi All, getting a little desperate now. I hope someone can help. I am the owner of a business and therefore the lead on the HMRC business account. I have a part time bookkeeper who I have given full authority (on-line) to deal with VAT, PAYE etc. She is a Team member. All PAYE correspondences go to her. She received a letter with a PAYE credits query, she phoned HMRC who told her she was not authorised to talk about the letter (even though it is addressed to her). They needed to speak to me as the account holder. Due to illness, I am unable to hear, so cannot phone them? Does anyone know what i need to do to give my bookkeeper "more authority"?
Posted Mon, 20 Jun 2022 10:15:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

The bookkeeper would require a 64-8.

You can use the link here:

Authorise a tax agent    .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 20 Jun 2022 10:25:28 GMT by Jonathan Bell
Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.