Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 06 Jan 2023 12:02:18 GMT by Tamara Kyrychenko
I have a UK visa that gives me the right to work in the UK. Now I have a remote UK job. Can I leave the UK and continue to work for the same company as an employee remotely from another country, is it legal? The employer uses PAYE to pay the salary, and tax and NI are deducted. Is it possible to receive the NT tax code in this case or should I still continue to pay taxes and NI in the UK in this case? Thank you in advance!
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 13:21:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can be resident in another country and work for a UK employer. You could ask your employer to contact HMRC with regards to S690 and apply for a direction to operate PAYE on an employees earnings.  

Apply for a direction to operate PAYE on an employee's earnings 

If you leave the UK, please notify HMRC using form P85.  

Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.