Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 24 Mar 2023 15:04:46 GMT by
Can anyone help, I have tried the Employer & online help advisdors to no avail. When I try to submit my end of year submission through PAYE basics an error code 7865 displays and I cannot submit. I am a Director one person company The last payment includes a minus value for employee NI contributions and the NI calulation method is normal employee method and I reached state pension age during the tax year and my NI code changed to C. Hopes this makes sense. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 26 Mar 2023 11:11:09 GMT by
I have exactly the same problem, submission error code 7865. Director reached state pension age during tax year and last payroll shows a minus value for employee NIC. Have you managed to sort the problem out Nick? Or has anyone else any suggestions please? Thank you
Posted Tue, 28 Mar 2023 09:28:51 GMT by
No not as yet, I will keep you informed as to what I do to rectify. I think the problem is the calculation method where I did it by the normal employee method and I think it should have been by the alternative method as I reached pension age during the tax year.
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:24:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
This is a known error, please contact our online services helpdesk on 0300 200 3600.
Thankyou.
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:39:25 GMT by
I have on two occasions and the advisors were not able to help initially and I was put on hold and then cut off.
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 17:02:45 GMT by
Got through to an Advisor today on 0300 200 3600 and this was the fix: 1. Delete March the payment that could not be submitted 2. Change February payment "Is this the last payment in the tax year" to Yes and submit - mine went through automatically 3. Complete March payment and submit as the last payment in the tax year. Went through OK. You may need to check the figures to make sure they are OK once payments changed. Hope this helps
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 17:23:31 GMT by
Thanks Nick, we did try that but not worked for us, also after nearly an hour on the phone we also got hung up on! Will try again, thanks for your help.
Posted Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:41:52 GMT by
Hi Nick Ive been following this thread over the last few days as I also had exactly the same issue. Your instructions worked for me, so thanks. Beggars belief that I found other posts via google relating to this issue going back to 2020. Obviously HMRC get right on it when it comes to known errors. Thanks Again
Posted Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:56:41 GMT by
Malcolm, Glad to be of assistance, I think that was the only post I found.
Posted Sun, 04 Feb 2024 11:58:01 GMT by
Hi All, I realise this thread is 10 months ago but I have a similar problem with Error Code 7865 and I hope someone could offer some help. Note: This is not an 'end of year' submission problem. I own my own company and have always paid myself PAYE through Basic PAYE Tools. I turned 66 last October so my National Insurance Letter turned to 'C'. This all seemed to work fine for my payroll runs of October, November and December with my 'employees NI' being recorded as zero on the monthly submission. I have just tried to submit my January 2024 monthly return and it returned the 7865 error as there is a negative amount shown as my employee NI Contributions. As I say, this is not and 'end of year' submission, just my regular monthly one. Something seems to have happened to PAYE Tools between my successful December submission (done beginning of January 2024) and the failed January 2024 one (attempted submission yesterday). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 12:28:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi David Fox,
You'll need to speak to our online services helpdesk:
Technical support with HMRC online services
You can speak to them via webchat by selecting the webchat heading select ‘Speak to an adviser online’ or by phone by calling 0300 200 3600.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.