Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Mar 2023 15:22:29 GMT by fishball
Hi, I entered the UK under the BNO visa scheme in May 2022. I am currently a business (not company) owner in Hong Kong. I work remotely here in the UK for this Hong Kong business and earn about £500 per month. Also, because I want to try to become self-employed here in the UK, I freelanced once in December 2022 and earned £200. But until now I don't have any more freelance work (while I am still working for my own Hong Kong business), and I don't think I will receive any more freelance work here in the UK before 5 April 2023. May I ask if I (a UK residence, because I will already have spent more than 183 days here?) am correct to say that: - For my Hong Kong business income: I will need to report foreign income, even though the expected total annual income from my Hong Kong business is ~£6,000, which is within the personal allowance (£12,570)? - For my UK freelance income: I don't need to register as a ‘sole trader’ because I earned less than £1,000 between 6 April 2022 and 5 April 2023? Thank you!
Posted Wed, 15 Mar 2023 12:54:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

That is correct.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.