Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 17 Jun 2023 09:01:34 GMT by
Hi, I'm a UK tax resident. I am employed by a Hong Kong company with no UK presence to work from home while I am staying in UK. However, I travelled to Hong Kong to carry out the work duty there for the same HK company for a few months. Do I have to declare the income to HMRC for such period while I am not UK but having HK income? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 21 Jun 2023 08:36:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

If you are deemed to be resident in the UK in a specific tax year, you are required to declare all  employment income earned during that tax year, regardless of where your employer is based.
That would include income earned during spells when you were working for your employer overseas. Please take a look at  Tax on foreign income             

Thank you        

You must be signed in to post in this forum.