Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Jun 2023 08:59:42 GMT by
We are showing at an exhibition in Solihull later this month but there is no buyer of the display goods as yet. How do we account for this in the Import documentation please?
Posted Tue, 06 Jun 2023 19:40:49 GMT by L M
Are you not using ATA Carnet...? If not, here is an article about their alternatives, including Temporary Admission customs declarations: You could potentially use authorisation by declaration  .

Website add removed Admin.
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 11:08:13 GMT by
Thanks LM , the advise is for GB Exports , does the same apply for EU-GB movements , TA requires authorisation , which we dont have
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 11:27:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 with your query.
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 11:47:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
I would advise reading the following guidance:
How to use your ATA Carnet
Apply to import goods temporarily to the UK
Posted Mon, 12 Jun 2023 21:23:12 GMT by L M
ATA carnets work in any direction, as long as the move is between countries within the ATA system: You do not need to apply for an authorisation sensu stricte when being authorised for TA "by declaration", "by oral declaration" or "by conduct". You can check if your goods are eligible here: and here (eg. Part B):
Posted Thu, 22 Jun 2023 17:49:28 GMT by
ATA carnets can be used for temporary movements between countries within the ATA system. You can refer to the following link for a list of countries that accept ATA carnets: [link removed by admin] When obtaining authorization for Temporary Admission (TA) through methods such as "by declaration,"" by oral declaration," or "by conduct," you don't need to apply for a specific authorization. To determine if your goods are eligible for import duty relief under temporary admission, you can consult the following resources: Check if your goods are eligible: link Refer to Part B of this document for applicable goods under oral and by-conduct declarations: These references will provide you with the necessary information regarding the eligibility and procedures related to ATA carnets and temporary admission. [link removed by admin]

You must be signed in to post in this forum.