Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:49:54 GMT by Jim Campbell
My first post here, and it is a bit of a difficult one. I am based in Northern Ireland and have sold a product to my client who is based in the South of Ireland. Just to make it more complicated I have subcontracted the production of the product to another company based in England. Due to the limited lead time, my supplier will be sending the product directly to my client. So who's EORI number should be used, mine, my supplier or my client. There also needs to be a commercial invoice added, should that be mine or my suppliers, obviously they will be for different amounts. I don't want my client knowing who my supplier is, or for that matter knowing how much I am paying for the product. I'm totally confused :-) Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim
Posted Tue, 06 Jul 2021 11:02:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

Whoever arranges the export should make the declaration.

As the invoice is a commercial matter it is up to the contracting parties how they share data. HMRC only requires an accurate description of the export, quantities and customs values for the export declaration.

More information can be found at:

Export goods from the UK: step by step

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.