Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Oct 2021 10:39:51 GMT by Junee
Dear Sirs, I have applied my National Insurance number and sent the form CA5400D by post in Apr 2021. I haven't received the NI number yet but I moved to a new address. I have the Application Reference on hand. Will the NI number mail to my old address? Or if I will receive it by email? How can I update my new address to the NI department?
Posted Mon, 25 Oct 2021 08:46:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

Sorry, we can only answer questions appropriate to HMRC on this forum.

Please contact the DWP for advice.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 21 Mar 2022 06:46:57 GMT by Maisy
Hi, I got my National Insurance number on hand and would like to update my details as I've moved. Where and how I could update my address. By post (postal address please) ? email (email address please)? which department should I contact. Besides, I've tried to update my details through the government gateway but fails. The identity proof could not be passed as it needs at least 2 documents but what I have is only the passport number (no Ireland driving licence and or the credit letter), What am I suppose to do? Kindly please advise. Thank you
Posted Wed, 23 Mar 2022 09:16:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can contact us on the National Insurance helpline on 0300 200 3500, or you can write to us at PT Operations North East England, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AN, United Kingdom.

All our contact details are available on

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 24 Mar 2022 04:59:05 GMT by Maisy
Hi, Do you mean that I can send letter to the above postal address --> (PT Operations North East England, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AN, United Kingdom) you provided in order to update my address? Thanks Maisy
Posted Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:00:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 10:02:58 GMT by Vinícius Pereira
Hi, It has been two weeks since I applied for a national insurance (D4939957) and I would like to change my shipping address. How can I do that? Thanks in advance. Regards, Vinicius
Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 10:42:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions as they deal with National Insurance number registrations:

Apply for a National Insurance number

Thank you,

You must be signed in to post in this forum.