Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 08:35:23 GMT by Sean Murphy
Not all port locations have been set up on CDS, as we are currently unable to clear inventory linked at Birkenhead port. I believe border force/destin8 are aware of this issue but it is getting very close to the deadline and we may need to request an extension on CHIEF if this will not be done.
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:21:56 GMT by newtocustoms
Hi, we are having similar problems. Which code are you using?
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 11:51:11 GMT by Sean Murphy
Currently the only location code I can see for Birkenhead is GBAUBRKLIVBRK. However this does not cover the berths we are situated at as we get an error trying to clear on CDS. At the minute we are still using CHIEF for Birkenhead however it is getting very close to 1ST OCT and if it is not sorted out soon we will not be able to clear anything...
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:10:27 GMT by newtocustoms
We are using the CDS code that appear on the destin8 on the inq page with the UCN and add GBAU in front and this seems to solve the problem, but we are on different port.
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 14:12:03 GMT by Sean Murphy
I am being told that HMRC are doing another update this weekend regarding location codes so hopefully are situation will be resolved next week.
Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 13:47:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
 Hi Sean Murphy, 

You maybe able to apply to temporarily continue to use CHIEF:

Ask to continue to use Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) from 1 October 2022

Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 13:52:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Sean Murphy, 

All full list of UK port for CDS can be found here:

Maritime ports and wharves location codes for Data Element 5/23 of the Customs Declaration Service

You maybe able to apply to temporarily continue to use CHIEF:

Ask to continue to use Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) from 1 October 2022

Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 14 Oct 2022 12:34:06 GMT by Sean Murphy
I have been informed by national frontier that the location code has still not been set up, therefore we had no choice but to request an extension on CHIEF.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.