Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 08:24:57 GMT by Tom O'Connor
I have recently attempted to enrol a new business for VAT and EORI. As the VAT enrolment process is failing at the final hurdle and is the subject of another thread, I will not elaborate about that particular issue. However, as a temporary solution, I have attempted to obtain a standalone EORI number. When I attempted this, it failed. I subsequently contacted the EORI team and was told that I had an EORI number. What the team had failed to pick up on, was that they had reviewed the account of the company I had emailed them from and not the company I was registering. I have since gone back to them, pointed out their error and asked for them to re-check the reason I cannot set up an EORI for the new company. Luckily, the imperative for this requirement has subsided for now, but I am still awaiting a response. I would like someone from the EORI team to contact me and explain what is preventing me from registering this company. Thanks
Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:50:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

Sorry, we do not have access to customer accounts and cannot share personal information across the forum.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.