Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 11:20:25 GMT by richard taylor
Would I be right in thinking that once CHIEF has been phased out and replaced by CDS, monthly import VAT certificates will no longer be sent in the post by HMRC. Instead businesses will have to download these online?
Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 14:31:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi richard taylor,

Yes that is correct.
Once the CHIEF sysyem comes to an end in October all C79's will be electronic and paper certificates will no longer be sent out.
Please see the information here:
Check how to get your import VAT certificate (C79)

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 09 Aug 2022 13:03:38 GMT by Mark Rawlings
Is software needed to operate the CDS process or can it be done without. I am only trying to authorise Direct representatives to operate on my behalf?
Posted Tue, 09 Aug 2022 14:39:12 GMT by Customs oldtimer
No You don't need any software if you are using a representative. When you register for CDS you are only signing up to get access to your PVA statements or C79 equivalent. You will also see your financial customs dashboard, so you can view and manage your duty deferment or other payment methods, your duty deferment statement, your direct debit instructions and your customs agent authorisations. software is only required if you want to make your own customs declarations.
Posted Tue, 09 Aug 2022 15:17:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Mark Rawlings
The CDS service from a Vat perspective just allows you to be able to view your monthly PVA certificates.
If you are doing anything above and beyond this then please speak to our Customs Team on the link below:
Imports and exports: general enquiries
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Tue, 09 Aug 2022 15:40:01 GMT by Mark Rawlings
Thank you Much appreciated Mark
Posted Thu, 11 Aug 2022 08:49:32 GMT by Alex1990 Dinu
hello, can someone help me with this, I kept calling and waiting on the phone for hours and no one answered me since July 1st, I made a claim for VAT and it shows me the amount 0.00, now it tells me that the payment is late and that I will be paid in a short time as the payments have already passedalmost 2 months
Posted Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:31:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

We are sorry that your repayment is taking a long time to process as we normally process repayments within 30 days.

Please contact our VAT helpline so we can check your records. Phone lines are less busy between 8.30am and 11am.

VAT: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.