Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 10:08:39 GMT by Gosia2022
I have a client who wants to re-import his motorbike to GB. The motorbike was purchased 10 years ago and registered in the UK which then has been sent to Poland for 3 years and registered etc. My question is, if the client bring his motorbike to the UK does he needs to pay duty and VAT on imported goods? I understand that in this case duty charge will be 0% and I am not sure about VAT charges as it is showing 20% . Do you still need to pay VAT on used goods when re-importing? If so can my client claim release on payment of Customs Duty and VAT before the goods arrive to GB? Also what documents he needs to present if he hasn't an invoice nor commercial invoice or certificate of goods of origin - all the details of the vehicle are in DVLA record.
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 16:09:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Good afternoon,
I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 with your query.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.