Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Sep 2022 11:13:32 GMT by Dianerbrts Roberts
I worked in Ireland for 6 months from Sept - March 2022, while living in Northern Ireland. I am now back working in London, but need to claim my tax back from Ireland. I sent them screenshots showing I paid no tax as I have no income in the UK as I was a student, and with Covid - no job. The Irish authorities are asking for "Please forward a statement from HMRC confirming your total income from all sources in the 2020/21 & 2021/22 UK tax years". Can someone advise how I get this?
Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 09:10:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Dianerbrts Roberts,

You can get this by contacting our Income Tax team:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 05 Oct 2022 09:16:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jura, 

Income from (a) NS&I Index LInked Saving Certificates  and (b) Premium Bonds is exempt from both Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax.

Such income does not have to be declared in your Self Assessment tax return.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.