Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 30 Nov 2022 10:10:20 GMT by g_wwy Wong
 I have cleared my salary tax in Hong Kong before migrating to the UK. My employer settled my final pay + outstanding leaves payment later after I moved to the UK (all tax has been cleared in HK). Should I still need to pay UK tax? If yes, would it be only the difference? * I have cancelled a Life Deferred Annuity with premium refunded. However the total premium I paid in past years is more than the refunded received. In this case, should I still need to pay UK tax for the refunded premium? Can the loss be contributed to the capital gain tax? * I have authorized an accountant firm to submit my tax return. However, I don’t think the accountant has done their job. Can I submit the tax return on my own? Any procedure needed? Thanks !
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 13:47:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

The Hong Kong salary should not be reported to the UK as the duties were carried out in Hong Kong.

The loss from our pension cannot be used against a capital gain.

Yes, you can submit your tax return yourself

HMRC services: sign in or register

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.