Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 14:59:03 GMT by James
Hello, I am a Filipino living in the UK for over 40 years (Filipino passport/citizenship, indefinite leave to remain in UK, married to UK citizen) - my parents passed a decade ago and their property (left to me and my siblings) was finally sold last year. My brother is my Power of Attorney in the Philippines, he has my share of the money - roughly £29,000 (GBP) in his account. If he transferred some of this to me in the UK would it be liable for inheritance tax/income tax? What fees would I incur? Many thanks
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 14:38:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

You may be liable to capital gains on the sale of the property, please look at  - Tax when you sell property

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 14:54:58 GMT by James
The property is not in the UK. It is in the Philippines and my parents had never been to the UK. Is this still the case?
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 14:31:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi James,
To confirm, yes it is.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.