Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 Jan 2023 15:40:23 GMT by Jellyfish88
How can one get a repayment from HMRC if you have moved abroad and no longer have a UK bank account?
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 15:28:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

If you do not have a UK bank account, you can nominate someone to receive a cheque or you will need to try and cash the cheque in your country.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 16:35:56 GMT by Jellyfish88
And how does one request a cheque from HMRC? The repayment function only allows for direct deposit to a UK bank account.
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 17:41:29 GMT by Juliedawn55 edridge
I requested a tax refund after I paid emergency tax on a pension I cashed in(I’m not working) I had a response saying that either they are doing technical work or busier than usual. They didn’t even provide a new date….. what are they really trying to say?
Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 15:08:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Jellyfish88 ,
You will need to contact our Self Assessment department to request this :

Self Assessment: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.