Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 13 Oct 2022 15:50:06 GMT by CrabAir
Firstly, I am a UK citizen but have been living in France for several years before returning permanently in February 2022, when I advised HMRC I was once again liable for UK tax. I have just been advised I have been left a bequest by my aunt, who is British but has lived in France fiscally for 30 odd years. The French tax system requires me to provide a Certificate of Residence but the HMRC online system does not seem to cater for this. All I want is a Certificate of current Residency (I have been officially back in the UK for over 183 days) but the questions/online form doesn't seem to cope with this. Can you please advise how I can get the CoR or Official letter confirming my current Taxation Status? Many thanks
Posted Mon, 17 Oct 2022 13:19:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Based on the information you have provided, you should be able to request a Certificate of Residence by using our online application system.

If you require guidance from one of our Technical Advisors re: answering specific questions, please call us on 0300 200 3300. 

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries   .

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Oct 2022 13:27:31 GMT by CrabAir
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.