Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 20:45:45 GMT by
Hi, I worked overseas for over 183 days, including both short term assignment and business travel. Would I be qualified to be non-residents, and if so, how do I claim the tax already deducted through PAYE system? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 13:45:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Lointain13 Xiao,
You will need to determine if you qualify by checking the guidance here:
RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment: Contents
If you do qualify, you will need to complete a tax return and claim the overseas workday relief on tax form SA101. 
Please see form here: 
Self Assessment: additional information (SA101)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.