Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 14:03:38 GMT by
Hi, If I am a UK tax resident, non-domiciled, would I be required to pay taxes on my overseas property when transferring it as a gift to a family member who is closely related to me, and who does not live in the UK / not a UK tax resident? Thanks
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 16:04:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi evilspiderman666.

Yes, this would be seen as a sale of property for Capital Gains purposes.
Tax when you sell property

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.