Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 14:53:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Sigrid Ottosen,

We cannot send a reply via email.

You can have it sent to a UK address

You will need to give the details in writing.

You can check for updates here:

Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC

Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 11 May 2023 15:47:51 GMT by Tracy Parker
Hello I have received my certificate of residence letter, the details on the covering letter are correct however the actual certificate which arrived with the letter is for someone other than myself - it has a different name, address and signature to mine. I have tried calling the helpline numerous times without success. How do I report this error and how do I receive the certificate with the correct details this time? Thank you, Tracy
Posted Thu, 18 May 2023 13:28:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced. The quickest way to obtain the certificate of residence you require would be be to re-apply via the online portal.                                                  

How to apply for a certificate of residence to claim tax relief abroad

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.