Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 19:35:12 GMT by JL
Dear Sir/Madam, I had worked for an overseas employer for a few months in 2022-2023 Tax Year. I shall report this income in my Year 2022-2023 Tax Self-Assessment. As far as I know, Self-Assessment will estimate a pre-paid tax for the following year (i.e. 2023-2024 Tax Year). Since I am no longer working with that overseas employer for 2023-2024 Tax Year, I am wondering if it is possible to request waiving the pre-paid tax in my Year 20222-2023 Tax Return? If yes, how to do it? Look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you. Tax Year 2022/2023 Tax Year 2023/2024
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 10:03:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi JL, 

Yes you can do this by asking to reduce your payments on account.

This can be done on your tax return or usng:

Self Assessment: claim to reduce payments on account (SA303)

Thank you. 

Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 13:46:03 GMT by JL
Thank you for your reply. I am using online Self-Assessment. Could you please tell me how to choose and include SA303 in my online form? Thank you again.
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 14:26:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The following link advises how to access your online account to amend the payments on account:

Understand your Self Assessment tax bill

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.