Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 18:13:10 GMT by
I am a teacher in the UK. I did some tutoring last year and earned roughly £900. Does that mean I do not need to fill in the self assessment form? Do I need to do anything else?
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 12:38:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Chun Nok Maurice Chan,
As your gross turnover from your self employment is below the £1000.00 business income allowance, you do not nee to report this income to HMRC.  
Once you exceed this amount, you will need to register for self assessment as self employed and submit a tax return.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.