Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2022 21:50:02 GMT by Beverley Kay
My son is 21 for the last 4 years worked what he thought was not self employed however he has been fined and needs to do self assessment, he gets paid £250 a week but his wage slips is usually around £770 a month, is this right ? Can he claim back the CIS back ? Thinking of going to CAB as he works at least 50+ a week so on less than minimum wage but will it make a difference because he’s self employed Thanks
Posted Thu, 27 Oct 2022 11:48:21 GMT by
Hi Beverley Kay, 

When he completes his Self Assessment tax  return, he will need to record the income and the tax paid through CIS.

The Contractor provides CIS statements to show both these amounts. 

You can find guidance here: 

Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)

If he is unsure about what is being submitted by the Contractor, he should speak with our CIS helpline to request a copy of the details we hold.

Construction Industry Scheme: general enquiries

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.