Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 14:31:18 GMT by kevinkeane
Hi I am seeking help, I made a Self-assessment payment on account for Y/E 2022 but used the WRONG payment reference number. I have tried phoning HMRC without success! I have written letters with recorded delivery explaining the situation to the Accounts Office in Cumbernauld and also to the Self Assessment centre. I am concerned that at the moment the money paid is in the system but not credited to my payment reference number. Any advice would be gratefully received! Thank you.
Posted Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:13:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

We are unable to access individual tax records to provide a progress report on the forum. However, you have taken the correct action by writing to the Accounts Office to report the problem and resolve the situation. To obtain a full update, please contact the Self Assessment team.                                        

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.