Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Aug 2022 19:43:40 GMT by JL0807
Good day. I and my wife has sole trader separately, and live in same house. Could I and my wife get Work from home of simplified expenses separately? Thank.
Posted Fri, 26 Aug 2022 15:11:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi JL0807,

Yes, you can both claim simplified working from home expenses as long as you both meet the conditions.

You can find guidance here: 

Simplified expenses if you're self-employed

Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:15:31 GMT by Veronica Kwok
If my self-employed business required certain professional and training update knowledge, can I treat my membership fee, insurance fee and course training expenses as my self-employ business expenses?
Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2022 12:24:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Veronica Kwok,

Please have a look at BIM35660 - Capital/revenue divide: intangible assets: proprietor's training courses.  
You would have to decide if your fees are allowable as expenses.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.