Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 06:21:40 GMT by odinmusashi
I am a non-UK resident. I have rental income from a property in UK, and have already registered for Non-resident Landlord (NRL) Scheme. As I have no UTR, I sent SA1 form to register for self assessment in January this year. However, as of today, I have not yet received any response from HMRC, and I am still waiting for my UTR. I have called the helpline (+44 161 931 9070). The staff who was responsible for UTR issues said that she was not able to help as I am non-UK resident and do not have UK National Insurance number. She referred me to another staff who was responsible for NRL Scheme. However, the second staff said that although she could assess my record under NRL Scheme, she was not allowed to disclose any information related to UTR as it was not under her purviews. The second staff then referred me to another (i.e. third) staff who was responsible for UTR. Then the aforementioned dialogues and story repeated again, and I did not get any answer. I was deeply disappointed. Would someone please advise me how to check my UTR or registration progress? Many thanks.
Posted Mon, 17 Apr 2023 03:03:19 GMT by odinmusashi
I am desperate for help. It would be much appreciated if HMRC Admin could provide any advice, Many thanks.
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 10:57:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If you have still not received the UTR please contact us again.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 20 Apr 2023 12:21:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi odinmusashi,

If you have still not received your UTR please contact us again.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.