Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Sep 2022 09:10:49 GMT by peekapoo
Hi As I have just relocated to UK recently, I would like to claim remittance basis when filing my self-assessment tax return. However when I tried to do it online, I noticed that I was not able to do it straightaway if I had to claim remittance basis but had to use a tax software before I could submit my tax return. I just wanted to clarify if this is really the case and if I must buy a tax software before I can file my tax return. Thanks
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 09:57:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17
If filing online, you cannot use HMRC software to include the residence section and must buy 3rd part software.

If you do not wish to purchase this, you can file a paper return to include the SA109 .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 12:47:50 GMT by peekapoo
Are there any recommended 3rd party software? Thanks
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 11:36:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Details of commercial software providers can be found here:

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:00:52 GMT by peekapoo
Thanks a lot for the advice!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.