Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 10:42:04 GMT by Winy Lau
Hi HMRC, Though there are a lot of people raise this question .I still have little bit confused and want to clarify my situation whether I need to file self assessment or not . I became UK tax resident on 27 July, 2021.I had overseas income from Hong Kong before 27 July, 2021.I have already reviewed the rules and understand I am qualified for the split year treatment. I have a local employment since January 2022 that tax was deducted via PAYE. I have no overseas income and capital gain, and less than £100 interest from bank after that day till 5 April 2022. Do I still need to file Self Assessment?
Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 11:59:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

To claim split year treatment, you will need to complete a self assessment tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.