Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Jun 2023 08:50:00 GMT by Annabelle Lawrence
My mortgage advisor has requested an SA302 for my 2022/23 HMRC tax calculation. This will be the first self-assessment I do, I recently (in 2022) became part owner of a property and receive income from this, otherwise, I am in full-time employment on PAYE. I have tried to access SA through the Government Gateway, but I cannot verify my identity - my passport and driving license are correct, I have to assume maybe it's my National Insurance details - was I supposed to tell them when I got married and changed my name? I cannot remember if I did so. They also cannot verify through electoral or credit reference, despite my having Experian, and registered to vote. After using the web form, the only suggestion was that I call - but every number tells me I cannot get help with this over the phone. Can anyone help, I'm in circles and getting stressed about it. Thanks
Posted Wed, 21 Jun 2023 11:55:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you are unable to verify with the questions provided you will not be able to access the online account to submit the return. You will need to complete a paper return and we would issue the SA302 when the return is processed.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.