Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 18:10:23 GMT by cavcav
Hi, I moved and lived in the UK since June 2021. In 21/22 tax year, I was unemployed and worked as a freelancer and all of my clients were from Hong Kong. They paid to my Hong Kong bank account and the income is less than £1,000 in 21/22 tax year. In this case, do I need to declare/report about these income ? If so, which forms should I need to file: Foreign(SA106)OR Self-employment(SA103S)? Thank you!
Posted Mon, 09 Jan 2023 15:07:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

The foreign freelance work is considered self employment. Total receipts from self employment and miscellaneous income of up to £1,000 are exempt from tax and do not need to be reported on a tax return unless they are from a connected party or they include a SEISS grant.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.