Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 19 Sep 2022 10:31:35 GMT by Graeme Alexander
I have tried calling several times but the wait 20/30/20 minutes with no indication of how much longer the wait will be means I am trying this approach. I know that I am at fault for losing the original. Grateful for guidance on how I can obtain a copy for the year in question. This will allow me to complete an outstanding self assessment return. Thanks. GAL
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 08:49:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Graeme Alexander,

If DWP are unable to provide the relevant information for the tax year, you will need to make a Subject Access Request to HMRC to request the information from our records.

You can find guidance here: 

Make a subject access request to HMRC

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.