Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 28 Apr 2023 11:20:23 GMT by Michelle Sahai
Hello, I am an academic and I have a query about the income I gained from acting as an editor for a journal and also as a reviewer for a foreign grant. I would like to know how to report these transactions in my self-assessment. As the editor of the journal I received two transfers into my UK account (directly in £s) ~= £3000 I also acted as the reviewer for a grant for a research organisation based in Europe. The compensation came as a foreign transfer into £s into my UK account. ~£1200 after the conversion. Any advice would be helpful.
Posted Fri, 05 May 2023 10:32:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Michelle Sahai,

You can declare this as other income:
Other taxable Income 2023 (HS325)

Thank you 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.